Wednesday 1 April 2015

Day #2, Week #1: Swim Day

COULD I pass as an ageing Olympic athlete or do I look about as cool as a bucket of penguins shit? Gauged on my swim stroke this morning, probably the latter.

It's Swim Day Tuesday and the chance to test drive my new Orca OpenWater wetsuit. I was up with the fishes and in the sea at first light. We're having the hottest March on the Costa Blanca since 1930, so the mornings at the marina are glorious and to be taken advantage of. The sea temperature is 15°C / 59°F.

This is the first time I have ever put on a wetsuit, which is a bit of a workout in itself, so I can`t make comparisons to other makes. The fitting feels very good, I was not cold in the sea, and flexibility is excellent. The high visibility orange design gives me extra confidence for safety. Basically, it does everything that I expected it too. I would highly recommended this wetsuit for beginners, especially if you are swimming a lot in open water near moorings. Price 139.00 euros from Boyers Circlos, Alicante.

07:30 workout: 200 metre swim - first swim completed performing 4 x 50 metre intervals. Outward with front crawl, then recovered back to the starting point with breast stroke. Verdict; My front crawl stroke is gonna need a lot of work.

19:30 workout: completed strength training back routine plus some ab work on my home gym equipment.

Tomorrow's workouts: Bike 10k, strength training/chest

No comments:

Post a Comment