Friday 10 April 2015

Day #12, Week #2: Extra Swim Day


TODAY A TRIP to Torrevieja Sports City for some extra triathlon swimming training using their indoor Olympic 50 metre pool. The wife came along for a swim too, which was encouraging for us both. Training in an indoor pool helps me to swim in a straight line guided by the lane markings, rather than worry about sighting in open water, allowing me to concentrate more on technique.

I started the session practicing the Catch-Up drill for 10 lengths using a centre snorkel, then completed the session by swimming 5 lengths (250 metres) unaided, though mostly using breast stroke.

I feel my endurance in the water will be fine providing I stick with the programme. Breathing correctly while performing front crawl is what I currently struggle with the most.



I performed a strength training workout for shoulders following the swimming session immediately after I arrived home, which gets all my workouts up to date.

Tomorrows workouts: BRICK (bike-run), strength training/arms

No comments:

Post a Comment