Sunday 5 April 2015

Day #7, Week #1: Swim Day


A 750 METRE free style swim in open water will probably be the single biggest sporting challenge of my life. Can I develop a decent enough stroke in 69 days from my current "controlled drowning" technique to something that resembles front crawl? Couple that with diving into the sea with "a washing machine of arms and legs" and your looking at a race plan to survive by any means necessary.

To this end I am amending Sundays for the first 4 weeks of the 11 week programme from a BRICK Day to a Swim Day, in order to spend more time on swimming drills and endurance in the water.

Last night I surfed across Shaun Buddenhagen's blog First Time Triathlete. Shaun has posted some useful swim training videos that got my attention.






This morning I practiced the Superman Glide and covered the 200 metres scheduled distance in a 45 minute open water swim session.

Week #1 training is complete, this evening I performed a strength training workout for legs. All's great so far, just a little muscle soreness which was to be expected, Feeling Good!

Tomorrow: rest day

No comments:

Post a Comment