Monday 13 July 2015

Day #15, Week #3: Base Training revised plan

TWO WEEKS into base training and a re-think is needed on recovery. I need to introduce more recovery time in order to help my muscles recover after training. Currently I don't feel my body is allowing me to train hard enough on the speed work, so I'm rescheduling a 9 day cycle routine: train two days, recover one day. The cycle will include endurance, speed and progression training sessions on alternate days, plus a strength training session.

Day 1: am run (endurance) / pm swim (mechanics)
Day 2: am bike (speed) / pm strength training
Day 3: recover
Day 4: am run (speed) / pm swim (endurance)
Day 5: am bike (progression) / pm strength training
Day 6; recover
Day 7: am run (progression)/ pm swim (open water skills)
Day 8: am bike (endurance) / pm strength training
Day 9: recover
repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment